Saturday, June 23, 2012

Do you Instagram?

Finally school is over - I have so much catching up to do - but I don't want to do too much sitting in front of the computer - now that the warm days of summer and sunshine are here. I am making a list of places to visit and things to do this summer. I will post it soon and keep you updated. 

(Don't you just love cloud photos?)

For my birthday last month, my boys ( 3 sons and 1 husband) gifted me with an iPhone. 
As much as I loved my Android - I really struggled with the keyboard for texting - and several times sent some pretty awful texts due to misspellings and auto correct. It was getting downright embarrassing. 

My two oldest boys had the iPhone and just loved it - and since I use a Mac computer - they thought they would hook me up. 

One of the features I really like on the phone is the accessibility of the camera and the quality of the photos.  I also have become hooked with Instagram. 

Original:


Instagramed:


With that program you take a photo and then using built in to the app filters change the photo and then post for your followers. You can post right to facebook too. 

Original:

Instagramed: 




In addition to instagram - I found a couple of other apps that you can use separately or together.  PicStitch allows you to use frames to create collages. 


Dash of Color and Splash Studio let you change the photo to black and white and then add just the color you want back.

Original:

Dash of Color:


WordFoto lets you add words to your photo. 


I have a couple other apps that I downloaded and want to play with - but haven't had the time. Now that school is out - I plan on doing a little experimenting. 

Here are some of the run of the mill photos that I have taken and 'tried' to edit. I need some more practice - that is for sure. But I am enjoying playing around with it. 


 Jake playing drumset with the Jazz Combo from school for a outside of school event. The filter I used here makes it look like all of my moms photos from the 60's and 70's!


 From our walk at the Erie Canal in Lockport NY

Another baseball shot of Jake

I don't know what this flower is - but it was at Lowe's in the garden center. I didn't change any colors. Just cropped and filtered it.  

And my favorite daisy's of course. 


Do you use instagram or any smart phone apps for your photos?
I'd love to learn more and see your work.
Do share!


5 comments:

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Don't get me started on iPhone apps,I could be here a while. I enjoy my iPhone and all the various apps so much.I will have to send you an email and share some of my favourites. In the mean time have fun.I am off to the Pembina Valley shortly to enjoy the birds there.

Living In Williamsburg Virginia said...

We just switched to Iphones too and the apps are amazing. Great post.

Darryl and Ruth :)

Karin said...

While I was manager I had to carry the company cell phone. That has turned me off so badly. Now, that some of the older grands and the kids all have them, maybe I should re-consider. Everyone seems to having so much fun! Interesting what you could do with all the photos! I'd have a steep learning curve I'm sure!

Appalachian Lady said...

Where I live, cell phones don't work so I haven't invested in an iPhone but am jealouos seeing what you have done with it. What a nice present!

Kerri said...

Oh I LOVE Instagram!!!! and I LOVE my iPhone! Thanks for the link to the app about adding words - I hadn't found that one before!!