Saturday, January 8, 2011

My New Favorite Food



We have a local restaurant that offers Brick Oven Pizza's. We had the opportunity to sample some of them, not too long ago - and I was intrigued with the different toppings and flavors they put together. And so I have begun to experiment.

With my crazy, busy life - I don't have time (very often) to make my own dough anymore. I have found a ready made crust in our diary section at my favorite grocery store Wegmans. All I do is throw the toppings on and bake. It is thick - but comes out nice and crunchy. No - it isn't the best - but it does in a pinch and my family likes it.

So here is my 'latest' favorite food!

On a prepared pizza crust spread:

1-2 TBS of pesto.
Sprinkle with shredded mozzeralla cheese
Sprinkle with parmesean cheese

In a separate pan brown and cook thru 1 boneless skinless chicken breast in a little bit of olive oil and pesto. salt, pepper and garlic powder. Shred it as it cooks.

Spread cooked - shredded chicken breast meat over cheese.
Sprinkle some sundried tomatoes and artichokes (both chopped) over the top.

Bake at 350 for 20 mins.


I of course made a pepperoni and cheese for the boys too.
Do you have favorite pizza toppings?
I'd love to hear about them!





6 comments:

Jayne said...

My, but that looks so delicious Valerie! I am trying to wean off foods like this as I could literally eat pizza every day! I love the Brick Oven crust.. mmmmmm. My, I need to run now and get on that elliptical!!

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Yum---that looks delicious. We don't make our own pizza and rarely eat it anymore. When we do go somewhere to have pizza, it is a real treat...

We love the stuff-crust pizzas --and of course, I love a thick crust rather than a thin one. We like the traditional meat-lovers pizza. But one of my all-time fav's is the green-pepper and onion and hamburger (or sausage) pizza.... YUM...

Hugs,
Betsy

Ginny said...

These look delicious! And who doesn't like pizza? We just discovered a new pizza place nearby, Brixx, it is good and they make their own mozarella. My favorite topping would be spinach, or maybe ham. I love these ready made rfrigerated crusts!!

Appalachian Lady said...

That looks very yummy. Pizza is one of my favorite foods. It's not too hard to make your own dough with the rapid-rise yeast and you can make it as thin or thick as you want. We have a local restaurant that has a brick oven--it really does make the crust taste good.

Linda said...

Anything with artichoke is a winner with me.

Tracy said...

Ummm, that looks marvelous! I am a pizza lover and adore the dough; probably too much-sometimes I feel like I look like dough :)