Monday, December 28, 2009

Snowflakes


We received a few inches of snow yesterday and early this morning. So I have been trying to get the illusive fabulous snowflake picture. Obviously this one isn't it. I want the individual flakes to stand out more, but the conditions have to be just right, and the snow had settled a bit, before I was able to get out and work on capturing it.

I did like this one for starters and when I found the following poem, I thought they went well together. Have a Happy (last) Monday (of 2009)!



Check out some other macro monday shots at Lisa's Chaos

10 comments:

Colleen said...

I'm still able to see some of the individual flakes on the tip of the snow pile. Very pretty close up.

Too Many Hats said...

What a beautiful poem. I can see the snowflake and its unique structure. I bet capturing it completely is quite difficult.

Ruth's Photo Blog said...

Lovey poem.I tried capturing snowflakes the other day and gave up.That is hard to do.
Blessings,Ruth

Pamela said...

I think I saw some melting when I breathed close. (:

Müge said...

Very true and meaningful poem! I think photographing snowflakes is very difficult. I've never tried and I'm not sure if I'd be able to take a photo like yours. Your snowflakes are clearly visible and that is a good start I believe.

I wish you and your family a Happy New Year! :-)

Betsy from Tennessee said...

Neat Valerie.... I think you got a perfect picture of the individual snowflakes...

Yes--we are all like snowflakes.. There are no two of us alike and we are all different shapes and sizes...

NEAT poem...
Hugs,
Betsy

awarewriter said...

Nice photo. The words you chose are the perfect companion.

Jayne said...

A really beautiful poem Valerie! Thanks for sharing.

MaggieGem said...

I see some pretty individual snow flakes in this photo, you did a fine job! Love the poem you chose to go with it too!

Maggie
This Life Thru the Lens

Marvin said...

It boggles my mind when I start thinking about millions of those delicate little flakes piling up into several feet of snow -- not that I've actually ever seen several feet of snow, but still.....