Saturday, April 11, 2009

A Sunday Morning in March




March 8th. The fog was rather thick, as I dropped two of my sons of at the church for a warm up with the worship band before services started. I passed by the park next to the town hall and thought the pond looked so beautifully still with all the fog. I had a bit of time, so I stopped back home and grabbed my camera. I probably should start carrying it with me. Anyway ...

It was so very peaceful. The fog completely covered the area. You couldn't even see the road and the cars passing directly behind the trees in this shot. The peace and quiet (when the cars weren't passing by) was so calming and relaxing. Then all of a sudden I heard the squawking. Oh my goodness the Canada Geese around here are so loud. I didn't see them for a while until they broke thru the mist aiming straight for the pond.

The water was so still it made a mirror image of their landing. Such a contrast it was. Peaceful, quiet, restful and calm ...


The birds bodies were reflected in the still glass of the pond, until they landed ...



Not only was the water disrupted, but the peace and quiet was gone. I was thrilled to see the birds so close up and to have been able to capture their landing, but they were so loud. Actually it was only one of them that was loud. And it wouldn't stop squawking. I don't know what the other goose did to deserve such a tongue lashing ...

And it was a violent tongue lashing. As I reflect on this event, I can't help but make the parallel my family has shared with me. Every once in a while, I will go out shopping on a Saturday morning. The house is peaceful and quiet, so I am told, until I come home and start squawking to everyone to "put this away" and "why isn't this done" etc..

Wow - after experiencing this bird's tongue lashing and breaking of the peace ... I hopefully will remember how awful that disruption was on that Sunday morning at the pond, before I create a disruption of my own at home.





2 comments:

Shauna said...

Your pictures are beautiful and so is your experience!

Phoo-D said...

I love these pictures! They capture the mood of the morning beautifully. Great job!